Monday, July 26, 2010

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm working on it.

So, to start with, I've changed a couple of font settings. Hopefully it shows up. I can't actually tell at this point, but that is completely secondary. This post is to test to see if I've found a way for you, the reader (assuming that someday there are some of those) can listen to my music.

So here goes (the link takes you to a new page, just hit back on the browser when you've heard enough to come back here):

http://www.box.net/shared/4mkknxl4f4

Now you should be able to click that link above and listen to my cover of STP's Plush (acoustic).

Let's publish and find out...

So, it seems to work well enough. I don't know if this will be the permanent format, but I think it will do for now.

Now, since I have posted music I guess I need to discuss it. In my last post, I opened the subject of "the decision" which is what I will henceforth call my decision that what I would like to do is find a way to make a living playing music. That is the genesis of this blog.

If you are reading this, chances are you followed a link from my Facebook page. Maybe you heard the song I posted to Facebook a while ago. I got a decent response from people that were actually able to listen to the song, but found that in a lot of cases people either didn't know that it was there or weren't able to listen. Then I had issues with my DAW (which I will discuss in detail at some point in future posts) so I didn't have any new stuff to post.

Well I have new stuff to post now and will be updating this blog often. I would like to get feedback and help from you. So please leave comments and help me out.

jdj

PS. BTW, I know it's weird singing everything "jdj" but for now I'm leaving my real name out of this blog, it is potentially embarrassing enough,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment