Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting there...

* Under Construction Update:
The file has been posted. Post complete*

Now I'm checking to see which colors will look best w/ the background, so sorry for the rainbow style post. It may make it interesting visually, but once again that is just secondary. Today I'm going to post the cover of "Good" that I was talking about in the last post. Here's a link:

http://www.box.net/shared/7qxo7e8eyc (Hit back on the browser when you're done to come back here. Or, copy and paste the target to a new tab. Then you can listen and read. I'm sorry, I want the link to open a new window, but I haven't figured out how to make that happen yet. )


Like I said in the my last post, some of you may have heard this before. I also said that I had a story to tell well I guess it's time;

Not so long ago, I was laid off from the company at which I had spent 11 years building a "career". (I can't believe how quick the time since has past though, it was St. Patrick's Day '09) At the same time, I had been working on learning Cubase, a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), software that emulates an audio studio that allows you to record, mix and master songs on your PC if you have the right peripherals. I did have one of those, a Lexicon Omega. It was cheap compared with the good equipment, but it allowed me to plug in my guitar, keyboard and MIDI drum pad and mix them in Cubase. It worked okay and I was starting to get the hang of how to get a decent sounding song out of it. (Starting to, I wasn't quite there yet) ...



Sorry for the interuption in the written story but I've decided that I'm going to continue in speech with my next song post. So without further ado, here is something that I'm working on now. You'll notice it's called "I like this riff". It is a work in progress (this is just a "first draft") but it gives me a chance to share with you a little bit of where I am musically. Stay tuned after the song for the story. I hope you enjoy.

And now, here is the link:

http://www.box.net/shared/5xqgzogg3d

And don't worry, the song isn't 11 minutes long

Thanks,
jdj





No comments:

Post a Comment